Wednesday, September 9, 2009

country mouse, city mouse

Colombia lost to Uruguay 1-3 in soccer today. Bummer, but it was fun to watch the game with Ingrid at the pizza place.
Decision made about J's and my living situation: Within the next couple of weeks we'll be moving our stuff out of Torre Fuerte (the house in the city) up to La Cabaña, a small house further up the mountain on the ministry farm. It's tiring not having all of our belongings in one space, and I'm excited to get settled in and get our own routine.
The cabin is really cute, and J. can play outside and maybe I can get a hammock to put up in the trees. I want to plant some flowers, and there's a blackberry bush out front. The country girl in me is happy. The city girl in me misses the convenience of the corner stores, atm machines, and transport.

1 comment:

Laura Fissel said...

oh but flowers...and blackberries! the country girl wins :)