Monday, November 30, 2009

Goodbye, November

This is just a quick post to say that I love Thanksgiving. I'm very grateful that they gave us the day off in the ministry (as it's not a holiday here) and that we had an extremely successful Thanksgiving feast and get together. About 50 people were here and we ate great food -- the turkey was delicious and worth every peso that we had to pay for it; the stuffing, mashed potatoes, and gravy rocked my world; there were pies galore; the mora (like a blackberry, sort of) sauce did a decent job replacing cranberries; and the only failure was the "sweet potato" (batata) that we tried to make.
So, food-wise we did great. Fellowship: check. And after the meal those of us who wanted to went down the zip line. I went once alone, and then once with little J., who loved it! If we hadn't had big plans that day, I would've been really sad, I think. It also really helped that I got to talk to all the family who was at my parents' house in the morning.
Tonight we ate turkey soup and decorated the Christmas tree... it's offcially the holiday season. Last night we went around the city to see the lights (most public parks are decorated to the hilt and Bogota's residents go there to hang out this time of year). I've bought stockings for J. and myself... fun times!!!

No comments: