Thursday, December 31, 2009

Two double ought nine...

...Is over at midnight tonight. This year has brought a lot of changes and a lot of good things. I'm living some dreams I've had for much of my life, as I find myself in Latin America, fluent in Spanish, and helping raise abandoned/neglected children in a family-style setting.
Along with those dreams fulfilled have come some hardships, especially recently as I faced a profound feeling of loneliness. Earlier in the year, the difficulties came more from doubting my calling to this dream of raising children at risk, of struggling through sacrifice of self for that calling, of learning that even I have "authority issues", and beginning to see some of the ugliness that lies hidden within that God wants to clean up in his refining fire.

It also means I'm completing two years as a blogger here at blogspot. And, as my brother just reminded me in an email, we're all completing ten years of surviving Y2K. There goes the decade...

No comments: