Thursday, September 23, 2010

I return, victorious!

I return to the world of blogspot.
I return to Bogota, Colombia.
I return to being a foster mom.

I return, but I am not the same...

Finishing the DTS felt like a victory, like an accomplishment. Leaving Pichilemu was signing off on a wonderful chapter of my story. Returning to Bogota was dreamlike and joyful.

Things have changed, but not as visibly as I expected. It feels... normal... to be here. Almost as though I'd never left.

I've completed one week back. It flew like a dove with a startled flutter and a whistle of wings, as I jumped back into ministry.
I went from one foster child to four, full-time, and as many as 7 on the weekends. Yes, it is different, and difficult, but I'm not alone anymore. Somehow one, on my own, was harder than all of those between two of us.
Two are better than one... A cord of three strands is not easily broken...

I have returned, but I am not the same.
Yes, I still struggle.
Yes, I still have the same weaknesses.
Yes, it's a process and I'm learning and growing.
But I am confident that he who begain the good work in me will carry it on to the day of completion (phil. 1). And his grace is sufficient for me, for his power is made perfect in my weakness (2 cor. 12).

I have the victory, in Jesus. I will cling to that, and work out my salvation in my daily living. forward motion...

No comments: