Tuesday, June 7, 2011

as watchmen wait for the dawn...

Blue days happen everywhere.

Sitting by the lake at twighlight, lines from two songs collide in my mind:
the everybodyfields: "I can be lonely here; I can be lonely anywhere"
enter the worship circle: "Though I feel alone, I am never alone, for you are with me, you are with me, O my Lord. You take all those who will come to you..."

God meets us on the down days.

And then a verse of my own creation:
I thought that my searching was over,
that my waiting was almost through.
But my searching and waiting and hoping
will be ever, and ever, in You.


And one from the Bible:
Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord;
O Lord, hear my voice.
Let your ears be attentive to my cry for mercy.

If you, O Lord, kept a record of sins,
O Lord, who could stand?
But with you there is forgiveness;
therefore you are feared.

I wait for the Lord, my soul waits,
and in his word I put my hope.
My soul waits for the Lord
more than watchmen wait for the morning,
more than watchmen wait for the morning.


O Israel, put your hope in the Lord,
for with the Lord is unfailing love
and with him is full redemption.
He himself will redeem Israel
from all their sins.

-Psalm 130

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Blue days. When things should be the best and busiest and we wonder what is it that would make life perfect? ...IN HIM dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in HIm, which is the head of all principality and power (Col. 1:9-10)...
I asked for power, that I might have the praise of men. I was given weakness, that I might feel the need of God. I asked for all things, that I might enjoy life. I was given life, that I might enjoy all things. I got nothing that I asked for, But everything I had hoped for.
This mystery - which is Christ in you, the hope of glory (Col. 1:27).
Hugs my friend!

Julie said...

Thanks for the reminder, my friend!

Emily said...

wow, rebecca... thanks for more scripture to encourage me! sounds like i need to re-read colossians! :)