Thursday, January 5, 2012

twenty-twelve

Another new year!

I'm pleased to say that I am becoming more of a "new years" person... I was able to enjoy a nice dinner with "family" and friends here in Colombia, and I didn't give in to the urge to sleep at ten o'clock. The night was gorgeous, with a clear, starry sky that we enjoyed looking at as we all stood around a bonfire talking, laughing, and praying for the new things that God has for the coming year.

There are Big Things on the horizon for 2012, friends. I'm still not sure what that will look like, but it's exciting, and I want to continue learning to live in the present and enjoy each moment.

In sad news, another kitten died. She got really sick with diarreah and her eyes were all gunky. After several days like that, she couldn't make it anymore! I took the remaining two to the vet today, where I bought some eye drops and got them de-parasited. Hopefully that will help their immune system get stronger and they will be able to grow big and healthy! (And hopefully their adoptive families will receive them SOON, because I'm tired of all the mess in the laundry room, and I want my cat back to normal again!)

I don't feel like I have much to write, honestly... is this some sort of writer's block? Patience, perseverance, living each day... is this part of the new "season" I've entered, where the changes are less dramatic? Even though I see big changes on the horizon, I think it may be a slow dawn, taking her time to revel in shades of gray and pale gold. May I (and you) learn to revel in the first light as well.

No comments: