Wednesday, August 7, 2013

year of changes

As we keep up with Formando Vidas in Colombia, I ask myself if this year in particular is one of changes for we Kiwi Housers (and now, I'm a former Kiwi), or if it's always like this, and I just notice it because of the distance.

I left the house in January, and got married. Two helpers entered the house in my place.  One child changed schools.  Two children moved in full-time.  The directors have been travelling a lot.  Bibi is about to take a 6-week vacation as well (to visit us -- and others -- in the U.S.)  There have been a lot of emotional challenges for several, children, teens, and adults.  Julio and I were planning to be back in Colombia by June, but we won't be for the rest of this year.  We're learning how to work as a team, and how to do a different kind of missions, together.  He's had unexpected health issues since February.

God permits, and sometimes orchestrates, change.  We decide how to live with it.
Change, typically, is difficult for me.  I think God enjoys throwing me a curve ball every now and then... not out of any evil intentions, but to see if I'll choose to trust him as "pitcher."

No comments: