Thursday, December 18, 2008

Home for Christmas

...and New Year's, and the whole first month of 2009.
That's right: I moved back in with Mom and Dad on Monday. So far it's going well, I've been unpacking and reading and helped decorate the tree and I'm fighting a head cold. There are definitely adjustments to returning to Sanford after 5 years of my life being in Greensboro. Here's to adjusting.
Also, here's to "Preparation," as I've dubbed the next month and a half. External preparations, like making lists (yay!), collecting needed items, buying a ticket, tying up financial loose ends, and packing; also there are internal preparations, like spending quality time with family and friends, and enjoying the wide margin I currently live in - free of work and other weekly or daily commitments - to spend time in prayer and reading and journaling and discussing: generally, being open to God solidifying any stages of my mental, emotional, and spiritual growth that he wants to before I go. As L told me at lunch on Saturday (by the way, thanks again -- it was great!), "Growth. Do it."

Okay, after a morning of unpacking (and repacking for storage), emailing, changing addresses, and walking the dog, I'm going out to the post office and to do some Christmas shopping! Maybe I'll even hit up THE coffeeshop.

No comments: