Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The bad, the good and the beautiful.

Four children peed their pants before lunch today.
My stomach was upset from the time I woke up until... well, is it better yet?
The boy I'm taking care of is having a rough week and our interactions are far from dreamlike.
I tried to make rice and it was terrible.
I have a temper and it's hard for me to control it sometimes.

I'm learning more how to express my frustration in words while I'm still in the difficult situation, which releases my tension and models good verbal expression for the kids.
I live with great folks, who along with a few other friends are downstairs right now playing table tennis on our newly-made ping pong table.
In a little while I get to go to sleep!

There's grace to cover my multitude of sins, accidents, losses of self-control, and bad days.

1 comment:

zachwood said...

Emily Rebecca Garrett, please tell me you didn't use foul language again.