Friday, July 31, 2009

daily life

Yesterday was my day off: wonderful. It was a beautiful, sunny day (all day long!) and I went for breakfast at a historical diner (Bogota-style), then I went shopping a bit. I tried to buy a cell phone to replace the one that got stolen (the company gave me a replacement SIM card for free, with the same number), but at the places I asked they didn't have ones that were compatible with my company. So instead of getting a phone, which I need, I bought clothes... and not even jeans, which I need! Oh well, that's part of being a girl, I suppose. :)
In the afternoon when J. got home, some friends also came over. We all went across the street and got milkshakes, then went to the park, where we took off our shoes and socks in the grass and J. and Luke played hide and seek.
We went back to the house and Liz and I left for my church, armed with a guitar, a chord sheet, and a cake. Last night there was an open-mic kind of night so we sang a song and hung out. Ingrid and Luke came also; Luke gave us a standing ovation, haha. We actually did a good job, and tomorrow I'm going to worship practice and the main singer-lady wants to do the song that Liz and I sang. Good stuff... I'm pretty happy to get involved with the music there, at least once or twice a month would be nice.

Today was decent. After a nap, I did get a cell phone, and then watched CARS with J. and we ate pizza.
Sometimes I wonder why God has entrusted me with this child. This adventure is definitely proof to me that I cannot do anything good enough on my own. That the things I want to do, I don't. I'm an adult and I shouldn't react poorly to a four-year-old's attitude. I should be able to handle it. I should I should I should... basically this is showing me a lot of my broken areas, but at least for tonight I haven't let Jesus sit down next to me and take that stuff and forgive it. I'm not believing that he can use my failures, I'm not trusting that he knows what he's doing in my life and in J's. I want to blame it on my being "alone" in 24-hour care, but it's not just that... I think it has more to do with my brokenness.

What will tomorrow hold?