Thursday, August 6, 2009

An update from the situation a week ago:
Things are better.
I had a couple of rough evenings, but Monday I got to go to the area meeting for those of us in 24-hour care, and that was really good to be around other people who have made similar mistakes and with whom we can share struggles and hear advice and experiences and encouragement.
Also, God has been good in reminding me that he loves me, he loves J., and miracle of miracles, he wants to use us to work in each others' lives.
I also had to repent of the fact that I'd been complaining a lot lately, so this week has been happier since I'm trying to lighten up on griping to God. :)

Yesterday I got to be a nerd (how fun!) because a lady from church who teaches French and is about to start teaching Spanish invited me to a talk at a local university. It was about methodology and ideas for teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (what I did in Greensboro for a year and a half). It was fun to be at a university again and listening to something that interests me. I've had a few different people ask me for English classes, and I'm probably going to start giving a group class once a week, so the speaker's ideas were helpful.

Okay, I'm going to go run a couple of errands and then have my Spanish lesson for the week (to see how good or bad I did my homework, hehehe)
Blessings to my readers, the world over.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Emily my friend! just want to send you love from another part of the world! beso!