Saturday, January 23, 2010

Funny

Funny things J. has said recently (translated to English):

While eating dinner, he asked, “When I finish can I play a little bit more?”
-No, because you need to get ready and go to bed.
-AGAIN?!

Last Sunday, I borrowed an outfit from Jessica, who is from Laguna Beach, California. The shirt and jean jacket were definitely my style, but I felt unsure about the white jeans (I don’t think I’ve worn colored jeans since fifth grade). I didn’t have anything else I wanted to wear, though, so I kept them on and we walked out the door.
J. saw them and said, “Emily those pants are funny. But only when you wear them.”
I laughed and told him I felt the same way!

Out of nowhere, he comes out with “OH MY GOODNESS!” in great English. We’ve definitely reached a critical point in the bilingual bridge. He repeats things we say all the time, and his pronunciation is pretty good.

2 comments:

Emerly Sue said...

How fun.

MarySuz said...

did you take a picture of yourself wearing white jeans? because I want to see. :)
<3 cant wait to see you!!!