Monday, November 15, 2010

I'm pressing on...

Waiting.
Joy.
Prayer and meditation.
Activism. Hyperactivism.
Intercessory prayer: Standing in the gap for others.
Agape.

At least I'm growing. In motion. If we ever stop moving, life would be extremely boring. Not that I always move FORWARD, progress. And not that I go in the direction I want to... sometimes I think that's the most frustrating bit. What I set my mind to do, but then can't do because I have to learn and it's a process... or what I wish I could do, but the doors are closed to me... or what I want to grow in, but don't want to have to pass through the process.

The Desire for Immediate Gratification and the Idea that This Will Make Me Happy
vs.
Joy in the Process of Learning and Growing

What IS joy?
The joy of the Lord is our strength.
Jesus told us that we are loved, and we can remain in the Father's presence in order to make our joy complete.
Delight yourself in the Lord.
Hephzibah: My delight is in her. I am God's delight... ?!!
Let us fix our eyes on Jesus... who for the joy set before him endured the cross.

Hosea 6:3
"Let us acknowledge (KNOW) the LORD;
let us press on to acknowledge (to KNOW) him.
As surely as the sun rises,
he will appear;
he will come to us like the winter rains,
like the spring rains that water the earth"

No comments: