Wednesday, November 10, 2010

present tense

I went away last weekend to a town called Anolaima. I wanted to swim and ride horses or at least a bike, to walk all over and do do do as much as possible in a short amount of time... but it rained. Which, it turned out, is what I really wanted and needed, because I got to sleep! I stayed with two friends, didn't have to sleep alone, woke up at 9:00(!), sat in a rocking chair and sketched a dying tree and prayed and RESTED. How wonderful that rest is just another beautiful part of God's creation!

Revelation during that time off: When I live thinking about the future I never actually enjoy that future when it arrives, because I'm immediately contemplating (or stressing) about the NEXT future!
Therefore, I am a few days into breaking this bad habit and learning to live in the present. How long will it take to break a 25-year-old bad habit and replace it with a good one?
When God spoke to me in Jeremiah 29, I felt him say "Live your Life, in the time and place where I have you! Don't hold back waiting for the future you long for!" That's when I wanted to cry, even though it was good to know God was answering my prayers. Tonight at small group (there's another answer to prayer... we're starting to get together to pray and encourage each other here at the farm!), Tony prayed thanking God that His will isn't only good for Him, it's also good for us. That is truly amazing. I choose to trust it, even when it goes against my will and wishes for immediate gratification.
Revelation brings conviction brings action. I don't necesarily know HOW to do this, but that's okay. In fact, I think that's part of the point... less self-sufficiency, more relying on God.



I apologize to the grammar nerds who thought that this post would be all in present tense. That would've been clever of me, but not as natural. :P

1 comment:

Emerly Sue said...

I, a grammar nerd, did not anticipate that this post would only be in present tense. I love you very much, and am so glad God is giving you a community to encourage you.