Sunday, November 28, 2010

The spring that never fails

"The LORD will guide you always, he will satisfy you in a sun-scorched land and strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, a stream whose water never fails." Isaiah 58:11


This morning I stood in church and listened to the songs, realizing that, beyond just being tired, I've gotten out of balance this week. Have I been avoiding God? Or just too busy doing, or to tired from doing, to set apart the time I need in order to be in relationship with the spring that never fails.

I rejected my spring of living water and dug a cracked cistern, that doesn't hold water.

This was the first time since being back from the DTS that I felt dry... in a sun-scorched land? I turn back to the spring. He will strengthen me, even when I'm tired. He will satisfy me; I'm not meant to live just getting by. ABUNDANT LIFE is what I want, and what he's offering!

No comments: