Monday, January 21, 2008

Return to Me

Why this title? Two reasons:
1. I just watched this movie, in which David Duchovney falls in love with Minnie Driver, who received his dead wife's heart. Of course, when I came into the room I thought my friends told me that the gorilla had a woman's heart and I was a bit confused. However, it's a pretty cute movie.
2. I just returned to my lovely Greensboro from Miami, that foreign country at the bottom of Florida.

Four things I like about Miami:
1. hearing different languages on all sides
2. the cultural, ethnic, and racial mixing
3. the food
(yes, those three are all connected, I suppose) and
4. going to the beach in January!

One thing I don't like about Miami (or at least, South Beach):
1. the overwhelmingly materialistic and super-sexualized atmosphere.

Continuing amazement: I travelled 800 miles in less than 2 hours. Twice.
Thanks to precise scientific measurements and experiments involving flaps and propellers and wind currents and many other things that I don't understand (plus a little magic, I'm sure), I don't have to drive half a day to see a friend. I was thirty-seven thousand feet up in the air! And I feel fine!
I've flown before, and further, but this just amazes me when I really think about it.

No comments: