Saturday, January 29, 2011

daughter of faith

How did Abraham do it?

How??

How could he sacrifice his son, the son of the promise, the first light of the fulfillment of his hopes and dreams and the promises of God?

I want to believe, to trust, beyond understanding. Beyond sight. Beyond reason.

I WANT to be able to sacrifice the dreams I'm holding onto as tight as, or tighter, than I hold onto God, just like Abraham loved Isaac more than anything else.
But what does that leave me with? I feel like I don't even know what he's promised me if I give that up...

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' says the Lord. 'Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, to give you a future and a hope.'" Jer. 29:11
and
"I will never abandon you."

...those are the two that I'd still have.

Do I beleive that He is enough? Can I be Abraham's daughter?

No comments: