Monday, March 14, 2011

barefootin'

Today was beautiful. We sat in the warm grass with no shoes on, playing with the kids for about an hour. The little ones went over to the fence where the cow, Lola, was. She lowered her head to let them pet her and they ran back, squealing with delight, to report the incident. We all played "montonera" (montañera) ... which I think is maybe called "dogpile" in the States...

I just listened to an Avett Brothers' song that my friend Leah posted on her blog -- a song that fifteen-year-old I. said "sounds sad"; a song that reminds me how much I love the banjo; a song that makes me sure that I want to go to the mountains, to Asheville, NC, when I'm home in May/June, and to hopefully hear some live bluegrass music.

On the downside... I think I have a louse (yeah, that's the singular of lice...) running around on my head. At least, I hope it's just one.

2 comments:

Jozeca said...

I hope it's just one too! :-) Glad to have your blog on my Google Reader feed... I look forward to staying in touch.

Emily said...

thanks, Jozeca! so far I got out two teensy tiny lice... that probably means a big fat momma louse hopped of a kids head onto mine :°(