Friday, February 8, 2008

caught mid-molting

Lately I'm re-thinking a lot of my personal policies for interacting with others. Because of this re-evaluation, I'm feeling a little bewildered and imbalanced. Is this still me?
I like to imagine myself a queen of consistency, yet it always amazes me to look back at how much I've changed, and to think that in another few years, and then another few after that, and after that, I will keep changing, and yet still be myself.
Right now I'm losing feathers but they haven't been replaced yet. It's strange and frustrating and I want to get through to the end already! But, here is a time (a week? a month? how long will it last?) that I will to be able to point to and say, "There! That's the awkward feeling of growing into oneself! It doesn't just happen overnight."

No comments: