Tuesday, February 5, 2008

four-dimensional

I had an amazing Saturday morning last weekend. I met with a friend at a local coffee shop and we spent two and a half hours talking and laughing about life, our lives.
And that was life-giving for me.
Part of our conversation that I think is applicable to this, a blog about life and BEING to the fullest of our potential, was the realization that a big marker of maturation is being able to see others' multiple dimensions. I want to grow into that.
Again and again I see that living is about going deeper and truly seeing and knowing. It's about stripping off every label and supposition that weighs us down and getting particular with whatever it is we feel drawn to, from science to art, and above all with our fellow bearers-of-the-divine-image.

In seeking activites that are life-giving, spending time talking and sharing food with people is definitely on my list, along with riding bikes. More to come, I'm sure.
Today I read what I think was the best paragraph so far in Marquez's Cien años de soledad. If you've read it, or plan to, let me know and we'll be nerdy and lofty and discuss the power of the written word.

No comments: